- Elements of Practical Psychology
- Models of Meaning
- Human Needs
- Forms of Communication
- The Three Elements of Practical Psychology
“There is a powerful drive force inside every human being that once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality. My life’s quest has been to awaken this force and help each of us to use this unlimited power that resides within us all” Tony Robbins
We are all practical psycologists. We all have the ability to decipher what is really going on in a situation both with ourselves and with those we are about, but the challenge is we havent been taught how to access effectively to create lasting change.
Three questions to answer to be a practical psychologist:
- What stops me from moving forward? Taking action? Being our best?
- What controls and determines the quality of our lives?
- Why we do what we do? What are the ultimate drives behind all human action?
What stops us all from moving forward is:
Fear can destroy our psychology and immobilize us from taking action. All of us experience fear in some context during our lives. Fear is hard-wired into every human being. The secret is learning how to use fear instead of letting fear use us. Dance with fear, do not resist it. Follow your fears.
The two primary fears that we all share are:
- the fear that we’re not enough, and therefore
- the fear that we won’t be loved
What controls and determines quality of life:
Meanings we associate to things control our lives, which are shaped by our own personal pshycology and views (the beliefs and values we created)
Once meaning is established, each individual will have a pattern of emotions that they associate to this meaning.
All meanings are driving by our individual patterns of emotions.
The three primary patterns of emotions are called The Triad.
The Molders of Meaning (The Triad) determine your state:
- Physiology (how you use your body)
- Focus (where focus goes, energy flows)
- Language / Meaning (Words we put to an experience changes the meaning)
Why Do We Do What We Do?
Six Human Needs.
The 4 Needs of Personality:
The 2 Needs of the Spirit:
We find ways to meet these needs in positive, negative, and neutral ways. Any activity, action, or emotion that fulfills at least three needs at high levels becomes an addiction that can also be positive, negative, or neutral.
What are positive and negative ways you meet each need?
The order of values that we give to our needs will determine the way we live our life.
Discovering Your Six Human Needs
- Which two have you been valuing most?
- What are the consequences of valuing those needs in that order?
- What do your top needs need to be now for your life to transform?
- If you made that change, what would transform in your life?
- The quality of our lives is the quality of our communication.
- Nothing in life has any meaning except the meaning we give it.
Three forms of communication:
- Words represent 7% of what influences human behavior.
- Voice represents 38%, how you use your voice will affect someone more than what you say.
- Physiology represents 55%, the way you use your body repreents the majority of what actually influences people when you communicate.
- Its not what happens, its what you do that makes a difference.
- In order for things to change, you must change.
- What is your greatest fear?
- What benefit has this fear given you in the past?
- Why be free of this fear now?
Thanks For Reading!
Have you been thinking about making some changes in your life? Improve some key areas? Becoming a better version of yourself? Life Coaching will help.