Whatever your situation with health is, there is a simple set of principles affecting it:
- Psychology (Mindset)
Your mindset is created by your beliefs and habits are created by your psychology.
Replace your beliefs -> Improve your Mindset -> Improve Habits -> Improve Results
How do you improve your habits? By being honest with yourself and doing the work.
Discipline = Freedom.
How do you define Discipline? Is it being inflexible and acting like military? No.
Discipline means keeping your word to yourself and following through with what you set out to do.
Change your associations, do you associate change with pain? Then associate change with progress.
The reason why many people fail to create lasting change in their lifestyle, to then embrace health, is because many focus on a temporary change of habits.
So how do you make it permanent? Repetition until it becomes automatic.
The first thing is to understand the limiting beliefs towards health:
- I don’t want to live without certain foods.
- I am addicted to certain foods.
- I am too weak to change.
- Life is short so I must enjoy and eat everything uncontrollably.
- I don’t care about health.
- I prefer to be happy than put limits to what I can do.
- I can’t give up certain foods because they are a source of pleasure and happiness.
- I don’t want to change because this is me and I love myself that way.
These are some of the things you could be saying to convince yourself as to the reason to NOT embrace a new mindset.
So how do you overcome these limiting beliefs?
With a mix of radical honesty, strategy, consciousness, and awareness.
- Achieve balance first.
- Get disturbed with being less than you can be.
- Define your standards around health.
- Discipline. (keep your word to yourself)
- Be radically honest with yourself.
- Picture the best you possible and eliminate excuses.
- Replace limiting beliefs with empowering beliefs.
- Understand and recognize the stories you tell yourself.
- Be open minded to not let your thoughts dominate you.
- Work on a strategy.
Thanks For Reading!
Have you been thinking about making some changes in your life? Improve some key areas? Becoming a better version of yourself? Life Coaching will help.